- About Your Privacy
For Taking IT Mobile Data Solutions, Inc. (“we”, “us”, “our” or “TAKING IT MOBILE”), your privacy is very important. We are dedicated to providing you with superior service while protecting your privacy and safeguarding your personal information.
“Personal Information” is defined in the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (Canada) (“PIPEDA”), as information about an identifiable individual.
- Our Ten Privacy Principles
TAKING IT MOBILE is committed to maintaining the accuracy, confidentiality and security of your personal information. As part of this commitment, TAKING IT MOBILE has adopted the following ten principles, based on the values set by the Canadian Standards Association’s Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information and PIPEDA:
- Accountability : TAKING IT MOBILE shall maintain and protect the personal information under its control and shall designate one or more individuals to be accountable for compliance with these principles.
- Identifying Purposes : The purposes for which personal information is collected shall be identified before or at the time the personal information is collected.
- Consent : Consent will be obtained for the collection, use or disclosure of personal information, except where the law provides an exemption.
- Limiting Collection : The personal information we collect shall be limited only to that which is necessary for the purposes identified.
- Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention : Personal information shall only be used or disclosed for the purposes for which it was collected, unless an individual has otherwise consented or as required or permitted by law. Personal information shall be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- Accuracy : We shall keep personal information as accurate, complete and up-to-date as may be necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it is to be used.
- Safeguards : We shall protect personal information using security safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity level of the personal information received.
- Openness : We will provide information to individuals about our policies and procedures relating to the management of personal information that is under our control.
- Access : On written request to our Privacy Officer, a person will be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of his or her personal information that is under our control, and may be given access to that personal information as required and permitted by law. Individuals are entitled to challenge the accuracy and completeness of his or her personal information that is under our control and request that it be amended, if appropriate.
- Handling Enquiries or Complaints : Any questions or enquiries concerning compliance with our privacy policies and procedures may be addressed to our Privacy Officer, as set out below.
- Why We Collect and Use Personal Information
Collecting personal information about our customers and clients (“Clients”) is essential to our being able to provide the products and services that best meet our Clients’ needs. This information may include your name, address, telephone number, email address, credit card information, or other information necessary to provide you with products and services.
Personal information may be used:
- to understand and assess our Clients’ ongoing needs and offer products and services to meet those needs;
- to determine eligibility for products and services;
- to provide requested information, products or services;
- for billing and accounting services relating to our products and services:
- for Client communication, service and administration;
- to meet insurance requirements for transport;
- for internal, external and regulatory audit purposes; or
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
Personal information may also be used for other purposes, subject to obtaining your prior consent for such use.
- Consent to Use Personal Information
Consent is required for the collection of personal information and the subsequent use or disclosure of this information. We will not use your personal information without your consent.
Consent may be obtained in various ways. We may obtain your express consent or we may determine that consent has been implied by the circumstances. Express consent could be given in writing, electronically, or verbally in person or over the telephone. When we receive personal information from you that enables us to provide you with a requested product or service, your consent to allow us to deal with that personal information in a reasonable manner would be implied.
Providing us with your personal information is always your choice. When you request products or services from us, we ask that you provide information that enables us to respond to your request. In doing so, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure to appropriate third parties of such personal information as necessary for these purposes. You also authorize us to use and retain this personal information for as long as it may be required for the purposes described above. Your consent remains valid even after the termination of our relationship with you, unless you provide us with written notice that such consent is withdrawn. In the event that we want to use or disclose your personal information for a purpose not previously identified, your personal information will not be used or disclosed for this new purpose unless we obtain your consent.
There are certain legal exceptions where we will not need to obtain consent or explain the purposes for the collection, use or disclosure of personal information. For example, this exception would apply if there is an emergency that threatens the life, health or security of an individual, or if we must comply with a court order.
- Sharing Personal Information with Others
We are not in the business of selling client lists or personal information to others. In providing our products and services, we may need to disclose the personal information we collect to affiliates, subsidiaries, successors and other service providers or agents who perform various functions for us.
As TAKING IT MOBILE continues to develop and grow, we may buy or sell parts of a business. Information regarding the particular accounts or services being purchased or sold could include personal information and be one of the transferred business assets.
In certain circumstances, we may be required to provide personal information to third parties for legal or regulatory purposes.
- Keeping Information Accurate
It is important that your personal information is accurate and complete. Having accurate information about you enables us to give you the best possible service. You have the right to access, verify and amend the information we have about you. We rely on you to keep us informed of any changes to your personal information that may affect our delivery of products and services to you.
Despite our best efforts, errors sometimes do occur. If you identify any personal information that is out-of-date, incorrect or incomplete, please let us know and we will make the corrections promptly and use every reasonable effort to communicate these changes to other parties who may have inadvertently received incorrect or out-of-date personal information from us.
- How We Safeguard Personal Information
At TAKING IT MOBILE, we employ physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect our systems and all personal information under our control against unauthorized access and use. All safety and security measures are appropriate to the sensitivity level of the information collected.
Our service providers and agents are required to maintain Client confidentiality, and may not use your information for any unauthorized purpose. Employees are governed by strict standards and policies to ensure that personal information is secure and treated with the utmost care and respect. We maintain your personal information for so long as required to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected and for a reasonable period thereafter, or as may otherwise be required by law. After such time, or upon your request, your personal information will be destroyed, deleted, erased, or made anonymous to ensure that your identity is not compromised.
- Privacy and the Internet
- Contact Information
To obtain further information about our policies and procedures, or if you have any unresolved enquiries or concerns please contact our Privacy Officer as follows:
By Mail: 96 Bowes Road, Suite 3, Concord, ON L4K 1J7
Attention: Privacy Officer
The Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada oversees Taking IT Mobile’s personal information handling practices. If your privacy concerns are not addressed to your satisfaction by Taking IT Mobile you may contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada for further guidance:
By Phone: 1.800.282.1376 or 613.995.8210
By Fax: 613-947-6850
By E-mail: email@example.com